Mission: Our mission as The Chosen Generation is to get a hold of God and spark an awakening across the nation. In order to be the generation that proves God, we are establishing guidelines to follow in order to see a national revival. This covenant is between God and those who vow to consecrate their hearts, souls, minds, and bodies unto the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour. This is to be accomplished by holy living, prayer, and fasting. During our fast we will be pleading the throne of grace and mercy to release the outpouring of the Spirit of God upon this nation.
“And they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord God of their fathers with all their heart and with all their soul;”- 2 Chronicles 15:12
“I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;”- Isaiah 42:6
“But ye are a chosen generation…”-1 Peter 2:9
“...The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.”- James 5:16b
“Pray without ceasing.”- 1 Thessalonians 5:17
“And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.”- Mark 9:21
- We will be pleading and begging for an outpouring from the Holy Spirit for national revival. Our prayer life is the foundation of our relationship with God.
“And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes:”- Daniel 9:3
“Therefore also now, saith the Lord, turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning:”- Joel 2:12
- We will spend time alone with God and set our fleshly desires aside; specifically food and all electronics. The purpose of this is to place our attention solely on God without any distractions. We will be fasting every Monday, starting at 6 p.m. to Tuesday ending at 6 p.m.
- Personal Holiness
“...let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.”- 2 Corinthians 7:1
“But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.”1 Peter 1:15-16
- We will be devoted to God by obeying, trusting, and spending time with Him - even when no one is looking. When we pray and fast, we will evaluate our personal holiness. With this, there are two parts: surrendering to the Spirit, and denying our flesh. When dealing with holiness, we will be pure in our everyday life (i.e. cell phones, internet, mind, music, modesty, and conversation).
- Scriptural Meditation
“This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein:”- Joshua 1:8
“O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day.”- Psalm 119:97
- We will meditate on the Word of God all day. We will discipline our minds to be thinking on a verse(s) all day. Our heart’s desire is to be more intimate in receiving personal instruction from God’s Word than from man. We will be consistent in our daily walk with Him by reading and meditating on Scripture.
- Continued Submission to the Holy Spirit
“This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.”- Galatians 5:16
“But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.”- Romans 8:9
- Our daily walk will be influenced by the Holy Spirit. By doing this, we strive to not quench the Holy Spirit, but allow our minds to dwell on His Word and submit to His will.
- Social Righteousness
“I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes:”- Psalm 101:3
“Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.”- Psalm 19:14
“Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?”- Galatians 5:7
- As Christians, we are to be set apart. Knowing that, we will not allow ourselves to be a part of the world. This means we will be aware of worldly influences and choose to focus on God as our founding influence. We will also be aware of all entertainment, phones, and electronics, being careful of what we set before our eyes.
- Sunday School
“Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.”- Colossians 2:6-7
“Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.”- Proverbs 22:6
- We will be devoted to Sunday School and all services that will be held in our church. As Christians, we are to be discipled by growing in the Lord. This is crucial to being held accountable and faithful to the House of God.
“But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.”- Acts 20:24
“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.”- Mark 16:15
“Go ye therefore, and teach all nations...”- Matthew 28:19
- We will be faithful to fulfilling the Great Commission. As Christians, it is our job to present the Gospel to the lost and be a testimony to the world. We will step out into the world as warriors and soldiers, wearing the whole armor of God (Eph. 6).
Beginning Monday, August 26, 2019, we will be praying and fasting for God to send the outpouring of the Holy Spirit upon our nation. We will be fasting every Monday, starting at 6 p.m. to Tuesday ending at 6 p.m. This fast will end Tuesday, August 25, 2020. We will hold ourselves and each other accountable to staying faithful to the tenets listed above.
This Awakening Covenant is signed on this Lord’s day, August 25, 2019. Therefore chartered by a group of young believers from the Bible Baptist Church of York, Pennsylvania.
“O God may you bless our commitment and use this generation to spark an awakening in this nation. May we strive to seek Your face and honor You with our lives by living pure and holy. May we put distractions aside and not be concerned with what others may say we are “missing out” on. Heavenly Father, give us spiritual strength to fight the wiles of the devil and help us not to grow weary in well doing. In Your Name, amen.”