Isaiah 1:18 “Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.”
After receiving 30+ inches of snow in 24 hours this past weekend, I was driving to church on Sunday morning as my eyes were drawn to the exquisite white landscape across the fields the Lord reminded me how super the snow is!
5 Reasons Why Snow is Super
- It reminds me of how forgiven I am by God. The Bible says, “white as snow”. This is how the Lord looks at me… perfect with no dirt. There was a thought that hit me… the snow covers the dirt of the earth. Doesn’t mean the earth does not have dirt, just means God looks at the earth as pure white. Just like me. I do have dirt and still sin. But this is not how God looks at me. By the blood of Jesus my transgressions (which are many) have been washed clean! Praise God.
- Revelation 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
- Revelation 7:14 … and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
- It reminds me of how pure our God is. The untampered snow is perfectly white… no dirt or smudges! Our God is pure, holy, and perfect.
- Revelation 4:8 …and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
- It reminds me of the Lord’s glory. I have to wear sunglasses when I drive in the snow because the reflection of the light off the snow is so blinding. It is too bright for my eyes to behold. Likewise, the Lord’s glory is far too illuminous for my eyes to behold.
- I think of the Apostle Paul who was struck with the blinding bright light of Jesus.
- Jesus on the mount of transfiguration with all His glory – Matthew 17:2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light
- It reminds me of His majesty. There is a song our choir sings entitled, “Majesty”. It is such a heavenly song and brings great worship and adoration to our great God.
- In the super snow I see His heavenly splendor
- I see His unmatched Creatorship at work.
- Nothing more relaxing while sitting on my sofa in the comforts of my heated home and gazing out the window enjoying the view of the snow blowing sideways across Manchester, PA. This was so majestic!
- The Super Snow Shuts down the Servants
- Mark 6:31 And he said unto them, Come ye yourselves apart into a desert place, and rest a while: for there were many coming and going, and they had no leisure so much as to eat.
- Jesus realized that His disciples were serving and wearing out. He commissions them to get apart in order to rest.
- The super snow shuts down the servants of God for a couple of days for rest and reconnecting with Him.
- Thank you Lord for orchestrating this period of rest for your servants.