This blog is a continuation of teaching from our Tuesday, March 22, devotional.
In Exodus 8:25-27 you will see the 1st compromise offered to Moses from Pharaoh to partially disobey God.
The Word of God makes holiness unto God and righteous living a very big deal. Unfortunately, we live in a world where the “whatever” attitude is contagious and is sweeping this young generation. This attitude is an attitude that God abhors and defies. We see the Lord’s stand in Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Also in 2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
You will see in these passages that the Lord desires a distinct separation from His people out of love unto Him in our lifestyle, culture, and behavior.
Satan’s plot is to offer compromises to the Christian that would betray our holiness unto the Lord.
Common Compromises from Satan, the world, and our flesh to Christians today:
- World says, “it’s ok to obey your parents whenever you think it is ok.” This is partial obedience to God’s Word which is a sin. Ephesians 6:1
- World says, “It’s ok to stay married, but you can have extra marital relationships. Lust over another person in your heart and mind; this is ok.” This is partial obedience to God’s Word. God has emphatically said, “NO”. Matthew 5:28
- World says, “You don’t have to be radically faithful to church, going every other Sunday is fine.” Again, this 1st subtle compromise offered by Satan is to partially obey which is a sin. Hebrews 10:25
- World says, “Let your kids enjoy life, let them do what they want, no discipline, no instruction in God’s Word, just bring them to church and let the church people tell them about God… but you just have fun with your kids so they will like you.” No greater lie, deception, or compromise has been given to God’s people than this one!!! Deuteronomy 6:4-8, Prov. 22:6, Ephesians 6:4
- World says, “You are to enjoy your life. Therefore, whatever is funny and humorous is ok. So if movies or tv shows that contain profanity is funny – it’s alright… not a big deal. Movies that contain sexual innuendos and immoral acts are funny, enjoyable, and pleasurable to the flesh… it’s ok. It doesn’t bother me too bad. Just because I watch it doesn’t mean that I will curse and have an affair.” Again, another perfect compromise for the Christian. This is a sin! Psalm 101:3, Psalm 97:10, Prov. 23:7, 1 Peter 1:15-16
- World says, “It is really not socially acceptable to speak the name of Jesus, share your faith, or witness to others about your salvation experience. You can be a witness when someone asks you about your faith. Anyway, its not your personality, you have a fear of being rejected… just wait until they ask you.” Many Christians have succumbed to this compromise of evangelization and soul winning. What a lie of the Devil! Matthew 28:19-20, Acts 1:8-9, Phil 1:27, Romans 10:14-17
- The Devil says, “You’re too stressed, too anxious, and too busy to fervently pray. You can do that prayer thing tomorrow. Everything is good right now… don’t worry about it. You can do it later… its not like you’re going to die. You have too many things to get done and worry about now.” Another doozy devilish compromise. Satan will not tell you not to pray. He will just get you to move the priority of prayer! PRAYER IS OUR ONLY PRIORITY! Philippians 4:6, 1 Thess. 5:17, Luke 18:1, Eph 6:18
- The Devil says, “You can love the Lord and live like the world. You don’t have to give your whole heart. It is ok to appease your flesh and not yield to the Holy Spirit. This whole thing of loving the Lord with all your heart is no fun… where is your pleasure and enjoyment?” This philosophy has permeated our Christian psyche. Yes there are times we need to get apart and rest awhile and get some rest and relaxation. But never a time to not love the Lord and yield to the Holy Spirit in everything we do. THIS IS HOLY LIVING. My heart is fixed on thee, O God! Some will say this is too radical, but God says this is Godly living where His peace and joy are found! Many Christians never experience the full release of the explosive Spirit of God in their lives with the abundance of joy because they have not fully surrendered and have not fully given their heart to the Lord. Here is another incredible compromise offered to the Christian. Deut. 6:5, 11:1, 13, Matt 22:37, Romans 6:15-22
- The Devil says, “You’re to preoccupied to meditate and memorize Scripture. Just get distracted with all the other devices this world has to offer. Such as the radio while driving, news when you’re home, Facebook, Craigslist for shopping, internet browsing to pass the time, etc.” Again, this compromise has been successful. I am not suggesting that the radio and other devices are a sin. But not meditating on God’s Word is a sin. Be aware and careful as you walk circumspectly of the traps, distractions, pitfalls, and compromises this world, the devil, and your flesh will bring. Joshua 1:8, 1 Tim. 4:15
I do not give these basic compromises to bury anyone with guilt, rather to help us be alert and to awaken out of spiritual slumber that the Devil is working to rip your heart away from the Lord. Please allow the Holy Spirit and the Word of God to speak to your heart as you look at the above listed Scriptures. May it not be just Pastor Schutt’s words, but God’s Words speaking in, to, and through you! I love you all and pray for our church fervently and daily. This is my life’s calling to which I am so grateful!!!